The Executive Agency for Higher Education, Research, Development and Innovation Funding (UEFISCDI) is the Programme Operator (PO) for Research Programme as part of EEA Financial Mechanism 2014-2021, between Iceland, The Principality of Liechtenstein, The Kingdom of Norway and The Government of Romania.
The project, entitled „Holistic cloud-based clinicAl decision support system for improving THE coROnary atheroSClerotic Lesions after acute coROnary SYndromS” (ATHEROSCLEROSYS) is funded by the EEA Grants (EEA Grants) Research Program 2014-2021 and managed by UEFISCDI for a duration of 36 months from January 2021 to December 2023.
The overall aim of this project is to develop an efficient cloud-based solution for improving the clinical decision making process and correspondingly the long-term outcome for non-culprit lesions in acute coronary syndromes (ACS) patients.
The proposed cloud-based solution will integrate:
- methods for anatomical and functional assessment of non-culprit lesions
- methods for morphological and functional assessment of non-culprit plaques
- a variety of measurements extracted from medical images, ECG, invasively measured coronary
- pressures, stress tests, genetic analyses, blood tests, and routine clinical examinations
- a lesion-specific risk score for non-culprit lesions assessing the future risk of plaque rupture
- (developed based on outcome data)
To provide a seamless integration of the cloud-based solution in current clinical workflows a clinically led governance has been envisaged. This will ensure more speedily and efficiently the real involvement of the clinicians in the implementation of both the tools and of the infostructure, in order to achieve, in the course of the project, the needed acceptability and hit the ambitious target of direct usability in routine clinical workflows. In terms of medical imaging modalities, X-ray Angiography (XA), Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), and Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography (CCTA) will be used to assess the coronary arteries.